The exciting Code
exciting is a full-potential all-electron density-functional-theory package implementing the families of linearized augmented planewave methods. It can be applied to all kinds of materials, irrespective of the atomic species involved, and also allows for exploring the physics of core electrons. A particular focus are excited states within many-body perturbation theory.
Events & News
- This Was HoW exciting! 2016, Berlin, August 3-11
- "HoW exciting! 2016" consisted of two closely related events, an international workshop (August 3-6, 2016) and a hands-on tutorial (August 7-11, 2016) about excitations in solids. Both the conference and the hands-on tutoriall took place at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
- Optical Coefficients with LayerOptics
- We present LayerOptics, a python script to compute optical coefficients of layered materials by post-processing dielectric tensors obtained by exciting.
- Release of exciting Boron-10
- We are happy to present exciting boron-10, a new isotope release of the exciting code.
|Current main release: exciting carbon|
HoW exciting! Hands-on workshops